Tax Sale Properties
June 19, 2019, 09:11:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tax List Property Listings Forum

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Tax Sale Property Main Site
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tax deed sales in Florida are insane this year  (Read 37389 times)
Pfm1011
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 06:15:36 AM »

A sidenote too.. be careful about bidding on places built between 2005-2007, some have Chinese drywall and are uninhabitable until the places are redrywalled, and sometimes the plumbing and electrical needs some replacing. Chinese drywall is not like asbestos or uffi. It won't kill you or hurt you much. It just smells bad and sometimes causes accelerated corrosion in plumbing and electrical.

Thanks for the reminder..I completely forgot about that fiasco and almost  jumped in with both feet

http://www.thestar.com/comment/columnists/article/652671

http://www.chinesedrywall.com/index.html

http://www.cpsc.gov/info/drywall/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cpMGRJpwfc&feature=related   watch this..

My personal favourite is that 90 % went to New Orleans rebuilding  (still 40000 new homes in Florida plus any repaired form 2004 to 2007  which means piles in the SW Florida due to Charlie which landed at Charlotte to Fort Myers)  So we took victims of New Orleans, Put them in toxic trailers then moved them into toxic houses.  

US Government report  April  2 /2010

This Interim Remediation Guidance for homes with problem drywall calls for the replacement of:
1. all possible problem drywall;
2. all fire safety alarm devices (including smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms);
3. all electrical components and wiring (including outlets, switches and circuit breakers); and
4. all gas service piping and fire suppression sprinkler systems.

The Task Force is aware that some remediation efforts have included the replacement of copper water
service plumbing, and HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) evaporator coils. Homeowners
may seek to replace such items, but their replacement is not included in this interim guidance because of
the absence of a direct connection to safety.

The Task Force is aware that some parties who are remediating homes with problem drywall take certain
actions aimed at cleaning the structure during remediation such as the use of HEPA (high efficiency
particulate air) vacuums and the ventilation of the home for a period between removal and replacement of
drywall. The Task Force does not have a scientific basis for evaluating the need for ......
( blood sucker remediation scammers ,)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 08:43:43 AM by Pfm1011 » Logged
speedfreeksteve
Advanced

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 09:20:45 AM »

There's 1000's of new home in New Orleans, Virginia, and Florida with this issue. Some of the contractors claimed the drywall was bought from reputable places like Lowes and they had no idea that it was any different than regular drywall. That makes it more difficult to just blame the contractor. The companies that sold the drywall are blaming their Chinese suppliers, and at that point you have no way of any legal recourse.

One county in Florida applied to FEMA saying that this is a disaster since you have 100's of people out of their homes beyond their control, most still paying a mortgage while they pay rent to live elsewhere. That request was rejected.

In most of the Florida cases the condos were investment properties. One that I know of is owned about 50% foreigners (non-US). It seems that many have just given up and stopped paying their mortgage, condo fees and taxes, and I'm not sure that I blame them.

I'm still tempted to pull the trigger on one place coming up for bid with Chinese drywall. It was valued at close to 200k before this whole fiasco, although there's alot of risk. The condo corp is almost bankrupt and there doesn't seem to be anyone ready to step up to the plate other than local politicians and there's only so much they can do. They're not the ones with deep pockets. Small amount of money to risk, but definitely a risk.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: