Tax Sale Properties
October 19, 2019, 06:56:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tax List Property Listings Forum

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Tax Sale Property Main Site
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Rob is right on the ball this morning with new listings  (Read 34996 times)
netpred
Advanced

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 08:49:01 PM »

Good job Dave (and Rob)!

The reality is that this site is driven by a handful of contributors. I wish that more members would contribute. It has gotten to the point that our two largest contributors and most senior and knowledgable members are no longer significantly involved in this forum. Both Frank and PFM are responsible for building this site as much as Rob is.

I can honestly say that the best conversations occur by pm and those who contribute are often made party to those conversations. So people, don't be shy.
Frank
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 07:35:20 AM »

Good job Dave (and Rob)!

The reality is that this site is driven by a handful of contributors. I wish that more members would contribute. It has gotten to the point that our two largest contributors and most senior and knowledgable members are no longer significantly involved in this forum. Both Frank and PFM are responsible for building this site as much as Rob is.

I can honestly say that the best conversations occur by pm and those who contribute are often made party to those conversations. So people, don't be shy.

Well Dave's gone and done it again...he's started an avalanche, and no one can stop it.  Cool
Rob
Administrator
Senior

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 10:20:26 PM »

Both Frank and PFM are responsible for building this site as much as Rob is.

Without Frank the discussion forum would have never grown into anything like what it is today, without PFM the discussion wouldn't have continued in those early days.  You should put yourself on the list... you are part of it all.

I have something new coming up shortly that will illustrate your point clearly.
Taz

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, 10:36:17 PM »

Kudoos to Rob - thank you for this site and all the beautiful people that are here. !!!  I love the site. I am learning slowly but surely.
Pfm1011
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2012, 12:37:34 PM »

The deloro cleanup is not a cleanup at all. It is a capping operation. The cost of cleanup was going to be  hundreds of millions , if not a Billion plus  ( 5000 tonnes of nuclear waste from Port Hope alone and mystery amount from Oakridge Tennessee)  All this seems to have been lost in the cleanup details.   

The government is stuck with the bill so it is now a " seal up the whole mess under clay and runaway".  The leaching into the Moira river will be slowed but you are dreaming if you think it will stop. Also they are only filtering arsenic..and praying that the nuclear simply goes away and the cement caps on the mines hold.  Its just a time bomb waiting for a flood or similar to flush a pile more into Moira lake.. 

Of course the weirdest thing is the local idiots keep cutting the fence and breaking into the property....This is the land  of Dueling banjos ,junkers on the front lawn, lumberjack jackets and squealing like a pig and apparently some locals  are too stupid to understand the purpose of Barbed  wire around radioactive toxic sites .

As per the piece for taxsale..its north of the problem so no health issue      ..It will redeem so don't waste any money on searches etc until a few days before  and if it doesn't redeem ....good luck with the neighbours as the owner of the land owns at least 5 more pieces within 2000 ft and several adjacent. That doesn't include family pieces in the area.    I would be guessing you might have some fun trying to occupy and secure the land. And you can forget leaving anything of value around.

You will simply be the a**hole tick from the city who stole uncle Dave's land

netpred
Advanced

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 03:09:55 PM »

This is the land  of Dueling banjos ,junkers on the front lawn, lumberjack jackets and squealing like a pig and apparently some locals  are too stupid to understand the purpose of Barbed  wire around radioactive toxic sites .

..It will redeem so don't waste any money on searches etc until a few days before  and if it doesn't redeem ....good luck with the neighbours as the owner of the land owns at least 5 more pieces within 2000 ft and several adjacent. That doesn't include family pieces in the area.    I would be guessing you might have some fun trying to occupy and secure the land. And you can forget leaving anything of value around.

Vintage PFM. I could not have said it clearer or better myself.
cityhunter
Silver

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2012, 09:22:59 PM »

The deloro cleanup is not a cleanup at all. It is a capping operation. The cost of cleanup was going to be  hundreds of millions , if not a Billion plus  ( 5000 tonnes of nuclear waste from Port Hope alone and mystery amount from Oakridge Tennessee)  All this seems to have been lost in the cleanup details.   

The government is stuck with the bill so it is now a " seal up the whole mess under clay and runaway".  The leaching into the Moira river will be slowed but you are dreaming if you think it will stop. Also they are only filtering arsenic..and praying that the nuclear simply goes away and the cement caps on the mines hold.  Its just a time bomb waiting for a flood or similar to flush a pile more into Moira lake.. 

Of course the weirdest thing is the local idiots keep cutting the fence and breaking into the property....This is the land  of Dueling banjos ,junkers on the front lawn, lumberjack jackets and squealing like a pig and apparently some locals  are too stupid to understand the purpose of Barbed  wire around radioactive toxic sites .

As per the piece for taxsale..its north of the problem so no health issue      ..It will redeem so don't waste any money on searches etc until a few days before  and if it doesn't redeem ....good luck with the neighbours as the owner of the land owns at least 5 more pieces within 2000 ft and several adjacent. That doesn't include family pieces in the area.    I would be guessing you might have some fun trying to occupy and secure the land. And you can forget leaving anything of value around.

Thus makes it a tax sale.... Buyer Beware!
Dave2
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2012, 06:40:01 PM »

Wrong Dave

To stop any rumours land like this is potentially too valuable for poor guys like me (especially after I pay for all of Netpred's beer)

Must be my namesake Dave uno
Dave2
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 08:22:20 PM »

A few large chunks of land have recently sold or come up for sale. I'm not saying this is like that....but it is an interesting area and it's proximity to large urban centers makes it attractive as well as it's "rich" (poor choice I know) history.
Longyear (I hope it wasn't wrong to use this companies name as some here are sensitive about names being thrown around?)  www.jmlongyear.com  purchased a large track of land (1200+ acres) for many Millions??allegedly.  

Here we go again.  I suspect Netpred has powers that obviously I don't have and I am the poor puppet that has to supply him beer.   Angry I guess we have to start getting serious and realistic about Madoc.  As the Roman emperors said "let the games begin"

First Netpred:  Your usual betting odds on whether it redeems or not? One of these days I have to win?

Next Jima:

My latest information is we are talking a little bigger scale then you identitified. Like more then one significant digit.  Lets say up to 12,000 and hectares not acres and I would believe it given the numbers you mentioned (part by private post)  but this is a little out of my league to put it mildly.  

Possibly equivalent in land area to several townships.  It depends on other things like timber value.

For example I believe they own over half of Lake township (Marmora's correct name is Marmora and Lake)

I believe Seller is Domtar paper. whose holdings used to supply their Trenton mill until it switched to a recycled process.    This is a huge huge land holding.

Boy I wish I had that plot of land. Might be the biggest land sale in Ontario this year or even decade.

In my dreams make an interesting tax sale.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 01:50:39 AM by Dave2 » Logged
netpred
Advanced

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2012, 11:44:20 AM »

Dave:

On this one I think that I have made my thoughts clear. As far as betting with you is concerned, I think that I will let you take a pass so that you don't get further into debt.  Grin
Dave2
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2012, 02:34:34 AM »

Dave:

On this one I think that I have made my thoughts clear. As far as betting with you is concerned, I think that I will let you take a pass so that you don't get further into debt.  Grin

Netpred compassionate?Huh

At first I couldn't believe my eyes?  Then I remembered the date.  Still too early for serious hunters.  Like all smart organized hunters he sticks to mealtimes.  Next Wednesday he might start changing his mind but at this point he can afford to appear to be generous and go back to sleep in the warm winter afternoon sun before the fire. Or maybe he is afraid that his winning streak will be finally broken. 

The long wasted hours spent driving to last minute redemptions have a habit of training you particularly for rural properties. Realistically this property is 2.5 hours driving time one way from Toronto.

Board is too quiet because all the big players are down south, Maybe like attracting a shark(s) we have to add some blood to the water.  Grin  

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 02:46:49 AM by Dave2 » Logged
Pfm1011
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2012, 08:23:33 AM »

The long wasted hours spent driving to last minute redemptions have a habit of training you particularly for rural properties. Realistically this property is 2.5 hours driving time one way from Toronto.

That is the worst when one of these morons thinks it is funny to redeem at the last minute...It is simply a retarded loser who instead of being embarrassed by the fact he has been publically advertised as a roach,   and has lost his "war against the taxman"   (OK everyone chant  ruby ridge, ruby ridge) .. turns it around and convinces himself that he is not a loser but a  smart rebel who showed all us vultures trying to steal his land and taught the taxman  ( of course the fact he is paying double the taxes doesn't sink in) ...  I have been to several openings where douchebags...yes that what you are if you don't pay your tax for over 4 years... actually redeem 15 minutes before..they literally sat in their car and rubbed their hands as they watched the people come to the opening

They literally turn this around from them being to blame for not paying taxes..to them winning a battle against the evil scum trying to steal their land..They also dont blame the city for selling..they blame you for buying

I would die of embarassment if my house was advertised for taxsale....lets just tell the whole town that you dont pay your bills.. I would think that would stick to you for years and years

Might as well just have a sheriffs sale re suit of  citi bank

I will not be surprised if Madoc is  a redeemed within hours of the opening as he teaches us "ticks from the city" a lesson
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 08:27:58 AM by Pfm1011 » Logged
Frank
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2012, 09:09:59 AM »

Board is too quiet because all the big players are down south, Maybe like attracting a shark(s) we have to add some blood to the water.  Grin     

Honey, I'm home.  What's for dinner...Madoc you say, yuck...give me something that won't cost me a fortune in losses when it gets redeemed after I've gone through a lot of trouble...been there, done that.  Cool
baller50
Gold

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2012, 10:31:54 AM »

all this talk makes me think that everyone is interested Smiley... See you all at the opening
ErnestBidder
Advanced

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2012, 12:48:07 PM »

Ever since I joined (former lurker), I've been reading almost every day, without a thought about awarding karma, but, prompted by Dave2's posting, I've now found it to be quite fun! What did surprise me was how long it took to see Rob over the 100. I think there must be a number of members who, like me formerly, just don't understand the significance of the "applaud" underneath the poster's name.

Good on ya, Rob, Frank, Dave2, PFM, & many others; I will remember to be generous with my kudos from now on.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: