Tax Sale Properties
October 19, 2019, 07:01:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tax List Property Listings Forum

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Tax Sale Property Main Site
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Rob is right on the ball this morning with new listings  (Read 34998 times)
Dave2
Senior

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2012, 10:05:47 AM »

Boy Rob is quick off the mark this morning.

I guess he has decided to get everyone out of hibernation or to wake them up from the aftermath of new years.  

I might even have to get out the hunting gun given location of some of them particularly as G2020 is in the deep south and may not notice the game in one of his favourite hunting territories.    Grin

I also sense Netpred's hand in one as he obviously wants to use it as an excuse to collect overdue beer accounts.   Cry

Unfortunately some of the others just confirm the continuing economic devastation in Marathon which happens when your major industry shuts down.  
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 08:02:54 AM by Dave2 » Logged
netpred
Advanced

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 03:18:16 PM »

I think that we tend to take Rob's excellent work for granted. We should all thank Rob for his efforts in running this free website.

As far as OTS goes, funny how it is now 4:15 pm and not a sighting of any of these listings. Also, still no featured properties. Oh well, maybe some of the best things in life are free after all and sometimes you don't get what you pay for - actually, get nothing for what is paid for.

Thanks Rob, keep up the great work in 2012.

Boy Rob is quick off the mark this morning.

I guess he has decided to get everyone out of hibernation or to wake them up from the aftermath of new years.  

I might even have to get out the hunting gun given location of some of them particularly as G2020 is in the deep south and may not notice the game in one of his favourite hunting territories.    Grin

I also sense Netpred's hand in one as he obviously wants to use it as an excuse to collect overdue beer accounts.   Cry

Unfortunately some of the others just confirm the continuing economic devastation in Marathon which happens when your major industry shuts down.  
Dave2
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 07:40:54 AM »

I think that we tend to take Rob's excellent work for granted. We should all thank Rob for his efforts in running this free website.

Thanks Rob, keep up the great work in 2012.

I second this great idea and think we should all show our appreciation by raising his plus karma score to a level equivalent to this gentleman Cool who deservedly enjoys his lofty status.  I will make my contribution right now and encourage others to do the same.  

One vote per participant.  Lets see if we can exceed 100 for Rob by the end of the month.  I will let Netpred be the accountant because he is good at keeping score with all the beers he wins from me.  
Dave2
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 09:27:44 AM »

First unfortunately Cobourg listing has been designated Environmentally Controlled and floodplain to boot since 1988.  So for most of us sounds like bad news.   Angry

Checked with both official plan and Cobourg Planning.  

I guess I will be the only one to benefit from this as I am sure this type of property will keep Netpred by the fire and I am safe from paying my beer debts for another month.  Grin
Even with Netpred's ability to turn water into wine; I doubt if he can pull a rabbit out of the hat on this one.  (If he can turn the water into this drink he might succeed given the
enthic background of the planning staff;  http://www.themacallan.com/home.aspx)

On the most important part of this post lets work to get Rob's karma score up there.  We are still 23 short of the 100 we need by month end.  What we don't realize is how well he is organizing towns with their information.  Don't believe me take a look at Madoc's website.  Wink

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:52:14 AM by Dave2 » Logged
Rob
Administrator
Senior

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 04:58:40 PM »

I use to love when they released the listings Friday at 5pm in the summer one year. 
Dave2
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 04:00:36 PM »

I use to love when they released the listings Friday at 5pm in the summer one year. 

Board keep up good work to get Rob to karma levels he deserves.  5 down and only 18 to go.
netpred
Advanced

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 04:19:06 PM »

Number 1 will redeem (anyone up for a bet?).

Number 2 cannot be developed - far too small.
lonewolfsek
Silver

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 05:53:22 PM »

What is your inside info??? I was planning this to be my "end of the world" sanctuary / recreational property.  Wink

I have never seen a municipality say "There is a dwelling on the property which is presently occupied NOTE ? this is private property"

Kind of got the feeling this guy was a little crazy, sitting on his front porch with a shotgun.
netpred
Advanced

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 06:58:11 PM »

Maybe I own the property Grin. Maybe I have a big gun  Grin.

My first thought was that the municipality was simply being polite in giving the warning, but based on the location, the road in, my knowledge of the locals and the wording of the warning, I suspect that the property is occuppied by the product of a closed environment if you catch my drift. If you don't, watch any of the following movies:

1. Deliverance;
2. Texas (Madoc?) Chainsaw Massacre; or
3. Wong Turn (1, 2, 3 or Beginnings)

So, ignore my advice, bid and win, then show up to evict the three brothers. I would like front row seats.

So Dave, any takers?

What is your inside info??? I was planning this to be my "end of the world" sanctuary / recreational property.  Wink

I have never seen a municipality say "There is a dwelling on the property which is presently occupied NOTE ? this is private property"

Kind of got the feeling this guy was a little crazy, sitting on his front porch with a shotgun.
Jayz
Advanced

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 09:40:36 PM »

Reminds of the Bradford site visit experience a few years ago that Dave2 has been teasing me about. Lucky like me to have 2 pretty ladies to come along  Wink. People tend to be nicer when there are girls around. Have fun bidding to everyone!
Dave2
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 01:59:16 AM »

Number 1 will redeem (anyone up for a bet?).

Number 2 cannot be developed - far too small.

1.  In this business sometimes you have to take a long term view.  If you are going to
     buy a remote tax sale property, its better to have a use for it. Coincidentally I have
     to head for the Toronto this morning airport to meet some builders from Timmins
     about some out of this world property in Cochrane that  this guy  Cool made some
     interesting remarks on a couple of years ago. Seems like they have the problems
     referred to in this article at the end.

2.  For example everyone knows what happens to me when I have a bet with Netpred.    
     Angry  so I will pass on a bet with him on this tax sale. Maybe I should do something
     about it.

3.  For example the advantage of bidding for property number 2 is that no one else will
     bid on it because it is so small. Everyone will think  Huh

4.  In my case I could to use it to solve my Netpred problem by relocating a     neighbouring  town structure.

http://twp.tweed.on.ca/thetweedjailhousec23.php

My only problem is that I have to have it rezoned to Institutional and get the key? Any suggestions, maybe I have to borrow some pretty girls.

I make mistakes too.  The last time this town (Madoc)  had an interesting tax sale it included a quarry which one of our members bought and I passed on.  Maybe I made a mistake because haven't heard tfrom that guy lately and I wonder if he made out like a bandit as suggested by this Kijjiji ad.

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-real-estate-land-for-sale-Natuaral-Stone-Quarry-Zoned-property-W0QQAdIdZ336103755

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 05:28:35 PM by Dave2 » Logged
Dave2
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 07:52:36 AM »

If you don't, watch any of the following movies:

1. Deliverance;
2. Texas (Madoc?) Chainsaw Massacre; or
3. Wong Turn (1, 2, 3 or Beginnings)

So, ignore my advice, bid and win, then show up to evict the three brothers. I would like front row seats.

So Dave, any takers?
[/quote]

Netpred:  

You are making the assumption that the owner is of our species.  Consider the alternative
belief.  (I have provided a footprint picture for you).

Rather then fooling around moving the Tweed jail; maybe I should let nature take its course although with my luck I will find that (he?, She?, it?) is a beer lover and comes after me to collect your debts after you bribe it.   Grin

Of more serious concern if for some unforseen reason this property does not redeem; is that the real world nemisis of mine "bigfoot" which you can read about in some earlier posts of mine considers this area as part of his hunting territory. I have competed against him in the past in this area and got my clock cleaned as normally happens with him. My batting average against him is still well less then .100

He will not let one like this go by for sure but I agree with you it will redeem.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 08:03:54 AM by Dave2 » Logged
lonewolfsek
Silver

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 07:43:55 PM »

Hopefully Netpred is still in the Christmas spirit and will gracefully bow out of this one. After all if he gets any more land he will have to elect his own Members of Provincial Parliament and we will end up with another province call "Netpredsland". I'm going to hold my hopes up, and believe I will catch a break and this guy will not redeem (highly unlikely). Besides how big an area can one guy have to hunt in, everything north of highway #7?  Wink

P.S. I only got 97 more Karma points till I hit 100!!! How about some love.  Cheesy
netpred
Advanced

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 09:38:08 PM »

You are confusing me with Waltersland.

You don't have to worry about me - I'm just a big talker. The real players don't talk too much for pretty obvious reasons.

I am out on this one because I don't want to end up on some kitchen table as dinner. The risk of ending up this way increases significantly north of Hwy 7. I suppose that's why Dave is still alive and kicking. He has his area and sticks to it.

Now you need only 95 karma, but don't call it love - so very wrong in this context.

Hopefully Netpred is still in the Christmas spirit and will gracefully bow out of this one. After all if he gets any more land he will have to elect his own Members of Provincial Parliament and we will end up with another province call "Netpredsland". I'm going to hold my hopes up, and believe I will catch a break and this guy will not redeem (highly unlikely). Besides how big an area can one guy have to hunt in, everything north of highway #7?  Wink

P.S. I only got 97 more Karma points till I hit 100!!! How about some love.  Cheesy
Dave2
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 07:47:07 AM »

You don't have to worry about me - I'm just a big talker. The real players don't talk too much for pretty obvious reasons.

I am out on this one because I don't want to end up on some kitchen table as dinner. The risk of ending up this way increases significantly north of Hwy 7. I suppose that's why Dave is still alive and kicking. He has his area and sticks to it.

Hopefully Netpred is still in the Christmas spirit and will gracefully bow out of this one. After all if he gets any more land he will have to elect his own Members of Provincial Parliament and we will end up with another province call "Netpredsland". I'm going to hold my hopes up, and believe I will catch a break and this guy will not redeem (highly unlikely). Besides how big an area can one guy have to hunt in, everything north of highway #7?  Wink

Netpred:

If you are only a big talker how come you always win beer from me Huh?

TO THE REST OF THE READERS:

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS I DO NOT GO ONTO OCCUPIED PROPERTY AS IT IS TOO RISKY.
NETPRED IS CORRECT AND DO NOT TAKE THE REST OF THIS POST THAT FOLLOWS SERIOUSLY.  

If I only stick to my home "hunting" territory how come I was worrrying about Cochrane yesterday. Like most of the wolves on this board if there is a suitable property we can expand our territory.  In this specific case I honestly don't know because I will wait a MONTH  and see if It has redeemed, if not then I MAY take a look.  

Out of the goodness of my heart and the promise that if the strategy I next propose does not work, I will toast the beers I owe you at your wake that I and the rest of the board will hold TO HONOUR YOUR PASSING.   Grin

1.  Follow Jayz's suggestions.  but if you see antiaircraft guns to shoot down helicopters  turnaround and leave because they likely grow green plants and may think you are after their stash.  

2.  Check with PFM and see if he can loan you some of his summer boat ornaments preferrably; one blonde and one brunette.  Promise them you will buy them some new clothes.

3. First a a tight sweater; (This strategy works best if as the legal profession says the "assets" are unemcumbered")

4.  Second buy them  some ski pants that are tight. To check the fit.

5.  Next ask them to put a dime in the rear pocket of the ski pants.

6.  Walk back a hundred yards and ask to check the dime outline.  If you can make out the year of the dime in the rear pocket from 100 yeards the pants are tight enough. If not select pants that are tight enough that you can see the year  Grin

(Remember to keep the receipt for your accountant to use as a business expense)  Wink

7. Wait for a day like today with a bad snowstorm.  You and the "accessories with new clothing" will go up to the location. When you hear all the big mean dogs barking and growling you have probably found the place.

8. Have a map with a line on it from Bellleville to North Bay.  Claim you are lost and ask if you can come inside so the they show you the way.  "if you hear the song that goes like "and they never returned ...... and their fate is still unknown" you know that I gave you bad advice.  

9. Note this stategy works best the first time it is tried.  I cannot vouch for your safety if you are second time person who tries this.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:21:30 AM by Dave2 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: