Tax Sale Forum > Meetings / Gatherings

Meetings and Gatherings

(1/3) > >>

Rob:
The forum is intended for all meeting discussions for whatever part of the world you wish to setup a meeting.

JAM:
Dave2 et al   (See msg from Dave2 below)

I'm on board to meet with you guys, Tues preferable.  Yr location Dave2, is it the Williams Pub Cafe 2454 Queen Street East Brampton?

I've researched scores, made 3 unsuccessful bids (one close) and now keep to a distance radius due to time and ever-increasing public awareness making bids often less lucrative .  However, I'm not deterred and think a meeting with like-minded folks is a good idea, I'm in Newmarket area.

--- Quote from: Dave2 on May 25, 2008, 01:33:36 PM ---
Rob et al:
In some private posts some of us have talked about possibly meeting.  Want a public place safe and during a time when there are lots of people around about so people do not feel threatened. 
I have done before with another group that invests in precious metal stocks with good success.
Some discussion as to merits of pub or coffee shop.  Timi's is too load often for a private discussion.
My first guess would be northwest Toronto by the airport.  Corner of Airport road and Carlingview. Just up from the northeast corner there is a place which I have often held meetings with several people coming from all over the GTA Called "Williams Coffee Pub" Nonalcoholic but like an upscale coffee (and Tea) shop.  (See URL if Rob will let me post:)
http://www.williamscoffeepub.com/content_locations.php?site=1
I myself have to come in from an hour to the east of Toronto but I believe a number of posters are from north and west of Toronto.  There is public (TTC) bus service but it will take a while.
Weekday evening say from 7:00 - 9:00 I think is best, after rush hour but before it gets late.  Can always be continued on if desired. 
Comments ? Interest?
You can send me a private email if you do not want to publically post

--- End quote ---

Frank:
While on the subject of incorporation, etc...    do you think if we set up a meeting at some exotic place... that we could then write-off the cost of the trip against any profits, and further reduce our tax liability...   ending up with an expensive trip at half the cost.    Should we pool our resources and hire a lawyer and an accountant to guide us on this..... ;D

Dave2:
Rob / Jam / Frank:

First the location I had intended was actually on Dixon (Airport Road)(see listing in Etobicoke).  If coming along the 401 from the east take Carlingview Exit just west of 427 exit by Molson Brewery.  I believe address is 924 Dixon road.
Just north of Carlingview past the gas station on the east side. You can park at the rear. 

This is at the extreme end of the TTC that is why I prefer it over Brampton so Toronto participants can take public transit if they wish. 

How about Tuesday June 17 or 18 at 7:00am.  What is the preference?
Previous week I am in Sarnia

Frank seeing as you wish an exotic destination for the next meeting after this one I have got you close to the airport so you can get airline info for our next meeting.  The following German website may serve as inspiration if Rob will allow me to post it. 

http://www.vladi-private-islands.de/islandsforsale.html

On a more serious note I really had felt an informal meet and greet for first meeting.  Maybe an exchange of business cards but that is up to the participants.  If people wish to be anonymous no problem.  Do we want to wear a smiley for ident purposes?

What is preference for day? Any other thoughts for agenda?

Dave2

speedfreeksteve:
I might be in for that on the Tuesday night. The airport area is pretty convenient once the traffic dies down.

I honestly wouldn't expect too many to be taking the TTC. Seems like mostly of a suburban bunch here other than myself, but I drive.

I find that if you want to make a group identifiable, just get someone to bring something noticable and put it on the table like a hat or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version