Tax Sale Forum > General

redeemed after I won the tax sale

(1/1)

worldjohn:
Heres a story that happened this week that could serve as a warning.  I was the highest bidder on an island in south frontenac.  Soon after,  I went to see it, along with a check to pay the township.  There were some shoreline access issues so I talked to several cottage owners, who were quite territorial about using any land to launch my canoe. But I got to the island, loved it and went and paid.  A week later the treasurer sent me the documents to sign to register the deed. but later the same day he called and said the owners daughter came and paid the back taxes.  Apparently me having talked to several neighbors was the mistake as they contacted the owners family and thats the end of it according to the treasurer even though they already took my check.  So after 20 years of tax sales I got sloppy I needed to relearn the lesson. NEVER TALK TO ANYONE ABOUT THE TAX SALE! even after you won.

mountainman:

--- Quote from: worldjohn on June 07, 2023, 03:16:06 PM ---Heres a story that happened this week that could serve as a warning.  I was the highest bidder on an island in south frontenac.  Soon after,  I went to see it, along with a check to pay the township.  There were some shoreline access issues so I talked to several cottage owners, who were quite territorial about using any land to launch my canoe. But I got to the island, loved it and went and paid.  A week later the treasurer sent me the documents to sign to register the deed. but later the same day he called and said the owners daughter came and paid the back taxes.  Apparently me having talked to several neighbors was the mistake as they contacted the owners family and thats the end of it according to the treasurer even though they already took my check.  So after 20 years of tax sales I got sloppy I needed to relearn the lesson. NEVER TALK TO ANYONE ABOUT THE TAX SALE! even after you won.

--- End quote ---
I am Mountainman

Greetings Jonathan of the Orb

Neighbours do tend to chemisorb,

The less they know

More likely the sale will go,

I am sorry for you

But I too have stepped in this poo.

For I am Mountainman.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version