Sheriff Sales / Foreclosures > General Discussion

PFM is number one

(1/2) > >>

netpred:
Something large occurred on Sunday and I cannot let this event pass without proper pomp and circumstance. PFM surpassed Frank as the number one poster on this site. Congrats to PFM.

Frank, wtf is wrong with you? You were king for so long and now you are second fiddle. Get off your butt and start posting.

Seriously, to all of the regulars, thanks for the great info.

Pfm1011:
I am officially the most long winded , big mouth babbler on the site..wooohooo

bla bla bla ..listen to me..bla bla bla  I know everything bla bla bla  let me tell you ..bla bla bla

I may win by quantity , but not by quality ..

Frank:

--- Quote from: netpred on October 21, 2009, 04:20:55 AM ---Something large occurred on Sunday and I cannot let this event pass without proper pomp and circumstance. PFM surpassed Frank as the number one poster on this site. Congrats to PFM.

Frank, wtf is wrong with you? You were king for so long and now you are second fiddle. Get off your butt and start posting.

Seriously, to all of the regulars, thanks for the great info.

--- End quote ---

Congrats to PFM

However, unlike him...I only pipe in when I have something important to add.  Quality over quantity, as he so readily admits. 

I hear that Dave2 is going to close in on him real quick. 

There, now you made me go and post something just for the sake of getting another notch on my gun-stock.  I may be falling into PFM's babble trap. 

Let's just have a lot of fun while we are at it.

Frank:
p.s....I believe I am still number one in Karma....which of course is an indicator of quality.  About the only way that PFM is going to beat me on that one is the play a little shell game...he signs up using another alias, and then proceeds to give himself Karma...false Karma is worse than none at all.   Look he's got five negatives already, he must have pissed somebody off. 

Pfm1011:
One negative was for asking the crop farmers to show me their annual hours worked.heaven forbid you insult a farmer and question their whining ...I managed 3 in the last two weeks by telling worldjohn not to call the winner idiots ..  oops this will get me another negative and I think one came for telling someone that not all treasuers are corrupt and not all bids are fixed

No farmer ever responded so I will repost this and see if I get a response this time ( my hours are high and my profits low so I can imagine no response was coming )

Dreams101..   I should have clarified it better ..Cash Crop only

Any livestock or Diary do work hard , apparently the cows wont milk themselves so forget the vacation.  ( of course we wont touch the cash value of the quota)   As per high interest rates, Everybody lost homes , not just farmers. When was the last time you seen a farm bankrupcy sale?? Let me know if you do as I will be the first with my paddle up)

However Cash Crop..I stand by my comments. I'm sure I will get the inevitable responses from the farmers so any "Cash Crop " farmer that wishes to respond ..Please share with us what it takes to run 100 acres of corn. ( This is based on Till,  ( subtract plowing and harrow  if No till)   Give us your year.. I will start for you One tractor mid sized 80 to 90 horse  100 acres  2600 x 1680 ft  ( rounded)  Cost of 100 acre farm with house, Not much more then city house,  ( Ontario farmer classifieds)  

..October to April..Complain...wash tractor..Complain..wash pickup..Complain...go to mexico ...complain
Mid April ..Burn down crop (round up)  ...1 day ( two if very small sprayer)
complain
Mold Board Plow      15 hours ( 2 days ) 5 blade , 30 inch spacing average 4.5 mph
complain
Harrow 2 days   ( 12 hours  @ 6 mph)  ( Havent allowed for wider swipes so harrow is probably under 8 hours)
 complain
Plant ..two days  ( 13 hours @5.5 mph) Again havent allowed for wider planter versus plow)
complain
Preemergance spray    1 day
Complain
Next two Months watch grow..Complain about too much rain, not enough rain , Average rain  ( good crops will mean low prices)  ( of course your average $ per acre is still the same but don't mention that )
complain again just because...
spray herbicide 1 to 2 days/ fertilizer
complain
Next two months watch grow..Complain about too much rain, not enough rain , Average rain
complain
Pray for early frost so you can collect crop insurance
Complain
Harvest  2 days    3mph , 20 foot head,
complain
Plow under 2 days
complain
Plant winter wheat/clover etc  ....2 days
complain
Add 5 days thruout summer for various duty ( irrigation , extra spraying etc)
complain
Add a couple days for for whatever.. batwinging..greasing ..
more complaining
2 days every 5 years subsoiling
complain

Clear after write-offs  (which is everything including house, cars , dogfood ) 20K to 30 K CLEAR ( thats not counting the silly 6 per bushel corn or 13 bushel Soy we get today) That is for a small 100 acres,  Triple the land , does not triple the work as more equipment will offset.   Included is your cars, dually diesel pickups , atv's , house, hydro , taxes etc etc  . Today a corn farmer at 6 per bushel will pull $900 per acre less production  of 200 to 250 ( way way high) .    65K clear after all expenses including equipment.

Large equipment cost story..Like any business you rent or contract unless you can do the math to justify purchase. You dont buy a brand new combine to use 2 days a year on 100 acres. You rent or contract like all business..Or wait need the writeoff,,buy the combine  ( 2 to 3000hr  min life at 20 hours a year for 100 acres)

Dont get me wrong, I respect farmers, however the "starving farmer story" is ridiculous especially in Ontario where the land lease rates are dirt cheap compared to US. ( under 100 per versus 325 Per acre ( US Government figures) )  No one is buying the sad story.Especially the John Deere dealers .. I would have alot more respect if they came out and said..yeah  we do good..enjoy your corn

As per second jobs, The reason they can get second jobs is that the first job,  farming 50 or 100 acres leaves them about 45 weeks MINIMUM  a year to work elsewhere.  Except for weather consideration you can essentially run 100 acres on weekends  You can run a full time job, Take 2 weeks vacation in the spring, work a few weekends in the summer , and then take two week leave at harvest  and you are done.

Now compare to average factory worker making 20 an hour.. 2000 hours at the job, ( 2 weeks vacation) Pay house, pay car , pay property tax .. Pray to god no layoff..  If lucky left with zero at year end but not in debt.  If lucky and a real good saver might actually see a new car every 7 years . Add a kid or two..Never see a new car

If worker in small town reduce to 13 to 15 an hour, dreaming of ever owning new car, . Eastern Ontario lower to 12 an hour and dream of owning a small townhouse)

Any response ..please provide actual numbers , not just the same lame story (and yes I do have the charts)

( I have now moved to my bunker awaiting the shelling)  

Im so pathetic , I am rehashing just to feed my urge to babble

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version