smilesnoopy:
- Vacant land for sale
- 17 x 288
- Long and Narrow
- Asking for $19,999 or best offer
- R2B Zone #4
- Ravine setting

netpred:

--- Quote from: smilesnoopy on August 08, 2011, 06:20:11 PM ---- Vacant land for sale
- 17 x 288
- Long and Narrow
- Asking for $19,999 or best offer
- R2B Zone #4
- Ravine setting

--- End quote ---

smilesnoopy:

Is this the property that you won at the tax sale? I thought that a neighbour had offered 15k for it?

Do you know if it is still buildable. If so, it may still sell for you.

In case anyone missed it, you can see the entire story here:

http://taxsaleproperty.org/forum/index.php?topic=1161.0

Anybody who is considering a bid on any property with a structure must read the entire story. This is unfortunately, fairly typical when buying abandoned houses. The lesson is to bid on land value only, and even then you can be hit with demolition charges (unless you use the Dave2 maneuver  ;)). You may see a house, but in most cases it will be a liability.

What bothers me the most is that smilesnoopy did everything right and still got burned. You cannot protect yourself from this sort of thing happening by searches etc. In his (her?) case, I find it funny how the municipality put on the work orders AFTER the tax sale.

Good luck with the sale and let us know if you know whether it remains buildable.

smilesnoopy:
The neighbour bailed out and I needed to list it out again.  The land is buildable and just need to build a long and narrow house if you want to build within R2B Zone #4 rule or you can do minor variance for more special design.  I just want to update my listing to see if anyone new is interested. 

Netpred:  It is a good learning experience and hope to move forward in future projects very soon once I sold this one to give me back some cash flow.

netpred:
Smilesnoopy:

I know very little about this area, but this seems like a great deal for the right person. Hang in there - you will sell it!

There is no question that this has been a learning experience for smilesnoopy, but the real learning is for those who have yet to be burned,

I commend smilesnoopy for telling his (her?) story. There are lots of people who get burned on tax sales who, because of pride, keep it quiet. Smilesnoopy's story is not unique. People get burned, especially when they buy properties with structures. There is a reason why property goes on a tax sale - it is usually useless crap.

In this case it will cost smilesnoopy about 20k if he (she?) sells the land. If the land does not sell, even more. I repeat that smilesnoopy did everything correctly. The property was searched, executions were searched, it was viewed, but right after the sale it was slapped with work orders. This could have happened to anyone here. So, again, kudos to smilesnoopy for going public and to all others, remember this story well when bidding on a property, especially one with a any structure on it. You are playing with real money - not monopoly dollars.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version