Tax Sale Forum > Questions and Answers

I missed something!

(1/3) > >>

ErnestBidder:
  I've been reading all the new posts for quite a number of years, and have seen mention lately, of the 2 year rule, but have not heard of this; can someone explain? Does it mean that the owner now has 2 years to pay the back taxes, after a tax sale? I've heard of this in the US, but not here.

Happy Valentine's day to all, tardy though I am.

DRD:
They have changed the number of years you need to be in default to sell your property, from 3 years to 2 years

ErnestBidder:
  Many thanks, DRD. If I ever get out of the quagmire of (re)building my new retirement home, I owe you, at the least, a beer. Just call me Dave2 Jr.

On the (re)building: never hire a contractor without a written contract, and never pay them every week; make them prove their mettle.

DRD:
where are you rebuilding?

ErnestBidder:
  We are /were building our retirement home, out Trenton way;after detailed discussion, I hired a "contractor" to build our ICF bungalow, with radiant heat, etc. He screwed up the footings(!), got fired, and I hired local chaps to work with me. It was difficult, so I hired a real, professional contractor. he was a profession in "quick & dirty & wrong", so he got fired too. Now I am doing it myself, with 2 good guys, but injuries are slowing me down. Ah, well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version