Tax Sale Forum > Property Information

Grey Highlands 80 acres...Retirement plans crushed again.

(1/3) > >>

Pfm1011:
I have no clue how many bids as I logged off for 30 minutes . But I'm guessing well over 50

Winner 810, Second 601  then say a dozen  from 521 to 250 .piles of 160 to 220....then the ridiculous 25 to 75

810 is high if investment or farm pricing but a good deal if this is to be a family home.  1500 ft driveway and you are on top of a 100 ft hill.   There was gas line on the street so you can have a real nice setup.

NEXT......

mountainman:

--- Quote from: Pfm1011 on April 14, 2021, 11:10:56 PM ---I have no clue how many bids as I logged off for 30 minutes . But I'm guessing well over 50

Winner 810, Second 601  then say a dozen  from 521 to 250 .piles of 160 to 220....then the ridiculous 25 to 75

810 is high if investment or farm pricing but a good deal if this is to be a family home.  1500 ft driveway and you are on top of a 100 ft hill.   There was gas line on the street so you can have a real nice setup.

NEXT......

--- End quote ---
I am Mountainman

The pandemic brings the plague

but I don't lie at night awake,

Don't bother to waste your time

if you are expecting a rhyme,

Me thinks only an end user will bid

when the price makes me flip my lid,

So those who look for a bit bit of luck

are truly royally fu@&*d

For I am Mountainman

worldjohn:
For once I am in full agreement with the sentiments of mountainman.  However I disagree with the wording of pfm101. He shouldnt  be Describing the low bids as 'ridiculous' as these are the type of bids that might have won just a few years ago. the word ridiculous should be used instead of "winner" for the moronic rich idiot who overbid by 200,000$ and is ruining the fun and profitability of this tax sale game by paying more than retail.  Im starting to think that instead of selling land I should just let it go to tax sale and end up getting more than I would using a real estate agent and save on commission too. And if I dont get the bid I want I can just go pay off the back taxes the same next day.

logon9:

--- Quote from: Pfm1011 on April 14, 2021, 11:10:56 PM ---I have no clue how many bids as I logged off for 30 minutes . But I'm guessing well over 50

NEXT......

--- End quote ---

Where did you get the results? I was driving away and had bad reception. I wasn't the high bidder, but I would like to see the results for fun.

Pfm1011:

--- Quote from: worldjohn on April 15, 2021, 11:44:04 PM ---For once I am in full agreement with the sentiments of mountainman.  However I disagree with the wording of pfm101. He shouldnt  be Describing the low bids as 'ridiculous' as these are the type of bids that might have won just a few years ago. the word ridiculous should be used instead of "winner" for the moronic rich idiot who overbid by 200,000$ and is ruining the fun and profitability of this tax sale game by paying more than retail.  Im starting to think that instead of selling land I should just let it go to tax sale and end up getting more than I would using a real estate agent and save on commission too. And if I dont get the bid I want I can just go pay off the back taxes the same next day.

--- End quote ---

800K for 80 acres? ....this is not 1921 .  A two  acre building  lot in the area is 2 to 300 K.

Paying 200K too much will mean nothing in 20 years. Means nothing today as I am betting this could easily sell for 1 million plus today.  Build a house on the back 40,  plant or lease the front 40. The topography and  landscape are  fantastic for a country estate.  Hills with pond and forest at back. I have no interest in living in the area but tons of people would love to.

A city lot anywhere in the GTA is 1 million minimum for a knockdown.

I would love to have grabbed it for 300K but reality is that's not happening anymore.  10 years ago you could win just by filling the forms out correctly.  Today they are provided.   I used to get my listing from Ontario Gazette.  Now they are published on the net.  

You can thank Ontario Tax Sales and Tri-Target  but if it wasn't them it would be someone else.

If you are thinking you will get something like this for 75 K you are dreaming. Go buy lottery tickets instead.  Even 15 years ago it would have taken 200 plus to win this.

I spend 4K a year on Geowarehouse and I'm an amateur compared to others on here.  Then of course there are locals. You can't actually expect something like this to slip past local investors and Realtors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version